With the growth of the technology sector and a shortage of resources, everyone is going green again. The rate of development is not in compliance with the sustainability of resources on Earth. This gives rise to the need for going green and hence, green building.
WHAT IS GREEN BUILDING ALL ABOUT?
Green building is basically smart building. Green building is the art of creating new structures and processes that do not harm the environment and are efficient in resources. The ideal green building is the one where the surrounding natural environment is preserved. The land, water, energy and other resources around the building are not disrupted in any manner.
GREEN BUILDING AND THE ROLE IT PLAYS IN SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT
- Green buildings reduce the harmful impact of construction on the environment and lower own pollution rate.
- There is a reduction in trash, and lesser degradation of environment takes place.
- Green buildings promote creativity, improve the overall productivity while protecting the health of occupant.
- It maximises the environmental and economic performance by reducing wastage of water, protecting biodiversity and ecosystems, conserving natural resources and improving the water and air quality.
- It helps in improving the overall quality of life by minimizing the strain on local infrastructure.
GREEN BUILDING- IS IT WORTH THE EXTRA COST?
Green building does consume some extra money in construction and other processes. There is no accurate data available regarding the economic and financial impact of green buildings. But, that does not mean that there are no savings.
In the long run, green buildings become more economical since they reap a lot of benefits. Green materials might come costly at first, but then they help in conserving energy, reducing the operational costs and improving the productivity of occupant.
Along with the energy saving, there is a reduction in waste production and water consumption- which ultimately saves more. There are other benefits of green building including annual gas savings and improved sales.
There are lesser energy costs with health protection. Green buildings are an investment that reaps benefits for all- people involved along with the environment. Green buildings are more comfortable, have higher resale values, are healthier and yield higher productivity rates.
IN A NUTSHELL
Green building is the construction of a sustainable building that does not disrupt the surrounding environment and works on conserving resources. Green buildings might initially seem like an extra cost, but they reap various benefits, making it an investment.