Magnet therapy, also known as Magnotherapy, is a medical practice which is used to calm the pain at the different parts of the body. It works on other health concerns by the use of static or unmoved magnetic fields. By using static magnetic fields at certain parts for the body, a magnetostatic field is produced which gives beneficial and permanent health effects.
HOW MAGNET THERAPY WORKS?
Around four percent of iron is present in our blood content, due to which an electrical impulse is produced in every atom and ion present in our cells. Due to this iron content body produces its own electro- magnetic field. This electromagnetic field connects with the healing power of the magnet.
In the painful part of the body, negative side of the magnetic (north side) is placed. A fresh positive energy field is produced as the negative side of magnetic brings fresh blood to the painful area of the body.
USES OF MAGNETIC THERAPY:
• Magnetic therapy is used to heal wounds after surgery or injury. Strong magnets can reduce pain, bruising and swelling more quickly when compared to heat and ice. So magnetic fields heal the wounds and bone fractures faster. Magnets can also be used in injuries on overstretched muscles.
• Magnetic therapy is used to get rid of sprains and strains.
• Magnetic therapy acts as a natural pain relief. Using magnets is a cheap, effective and an easy method to get rid of pain naturally. It helps in curing knee pain, back pain, arthritis and also migraines. This is done by placing the magnet directly on the area where the person is experiencing pain.
• We can use magnets on acupuncture points for various health benefits. Magnet therapy helps in fighting depression and cancer as well.
• Magnetic therapy can be used to cure insomnia. As you lay down in the night, the magnetic mattress pads lessen the pain and ache from the entire body and relax the body completely for better sleep. Orthopedic cushioning provides support and comfort by taking away the whole day’s stress, which helps to easily fall asleep easier and wake up with a fresh mood.
Magnets used for the therapy can be used in many objects which we use in our day to day life. The therapeutic magnets can be inserted into rings, bracelets, pillow, knee bands, or in shoe inserts.