When it comes to human body and diseases, medical science has progressed a lot. Yet, new diseases occur every time. The list of patients is more while the doctors are less. It isn’t possible for a doctor to recall the patient’s medical history and prescribe medicines. Nanotechnology is now used for catering to medical patients. The nanobots have a precision that not even an expert surgeon can match.
The realm of science and technology has developed so much that it is no longer surprising that nanobots have made their space in the medical field. The new technology has given wings to the field to medical science.
WHAT ARE NANOBOTS?
Nanobots are the tiny robots that are inserted into the patient’s body and they work on a cellular level. The nanobots are also known as ‘smart pills’. These are ingested inside the body as they are equipped with wireless technology for monitoring the internal reactions. For example, ViRob, developed in Israel, is a miniature robot which is injected into a human body for finding the location of a tumour for further treatment with drugs.
WHY SHOULD BE ALLOW NANOBOTS TO DELIVER DRUGS TO HUMAN PATIENTS
- The most beneficial part of the deal is that nanobots hit the target cells only. They do not contaminate or affect the healthy human cells. Researchers are developing the new technique which can enable the nanobots to swim through the blood and other fluids for reaching the destination. This enables the nanobots to deliver the drug to the site of the disease in a human body.
- Nanobots can also absorb toxins in order to remove them from the bloodstream. This helps in detoxification of the patient’s blood. Through this detoxification, nanobots help in strengthening the weaker immune system and solve various liver problems.
- Nanobots can also be filled up with certain DNA codes or even drugs that can kill microorganisms. On entering the body, nanobots can attach themselves to the harmful microorganism and kill them off.
- Nanobots can also help in healing the damaged tissues and cells in the body. This would help the body to recover faster.
- Nanobots have the ability to monitor the health condition of the patient. They can detect the nutrients and drugs better for a thorough understanding of disease for complete therapeutic results.
- Nanobots lessen the pain that comes with the treatment of the disease.