Technology is such an integral part of our daily lives today that it is almost impossible to imagine a world without it. Advances in technology have transformed almost all the sectors making things more convenient. Not just that, technology has also proved to be a boon to mankind by making the world a lot safer. Let’s see how.
- Travel: Technology has made travel safe with tools like GPS location trackers and emergency safety apps. If you are a woman who needs to travel late in the night, you don’t have to rely on old-fashioned methods like pepper sprays to keep yourself protected from unwanted harm. There are many apps like Safetipin, Smart24*7, and bSafe that allow contacts to follow you through a live GPS trail, send panic alerts to emergency contacts or provide directions for safe locations, etc.
- Online Banking: Online banking has quickly become one of the safest ways to make your payments, or transfer funds in a fast, convenient and secure way. With features like IMPS, NEFT and RTGS, you no longer have to risk carrying large amounts of cash and wait in unending queues in banks. Moreover, with the introduction of security features like fingerprint recognition and voice biometric technologies, online banking has become more secure for everyone.
- Finding Lost Phones: So you have lost your phone. Haven’t we all been there at some point in time? But the good news is, now there are plenty of ways you can retrieve your phone thanks to the cutting-edge technology that has come up with just the right software for us. All the major tech giants like Apple, Google, and Microsoft have the necessary tracking apps installed on all their smartphones now that can let you get hold of your missing phone and prevent confidential data from getting stolen. There are also many external apps that you can install on other devices that can help you hunt down your phone using Wi-Fi or GPS.
- Fighting Crimes: There have been many cases of police solving crimes based on tips from Facebook or Twitter posts. Technology today has enabled them to engage with the public at large and share useful information. Law enforcement is also using biometrics for data security and identification to instantly identify individuals with criminal pasts. Other than this, electronic tag readers are being used to analyze license plates on every vehicle for effective surveillance. HD security cameras and CCTV on every prime location is also proving to be highly advantageous in solving criminal cases and preventing mishaps.
- Wireless Home Security: Technology has made it possible for us to monitor our homes remotely. Yes, even when you are in your office, you can keep an eye on your kids at home and ensure they are safe by responding to any danger remotely. There are alarms and camera systems that you can connect to your smartphone via an app. You can then simply monitor and keep a tab on the happenings at your place. Motions sensors help to detect movement in rooms and hallways and can alert you of any intruders. Smoke detectors trigger the alarm and can save your family from accidents. If you notice something fishy, or an alarm gets triggered, a response team automatically reaches your place.
- Medication Management Software: Many of us fail to remember to take our medicines on time which can quickly turn into a disaster waiting to happen. Especially as we turn older, there is an increased reliance on medicines and one may not have people around to remind them always to take medicines. Medication Reminder & Pill Tracker and other such apps are a great way to avoid unintended overdoses and stay on track of your prescription, keeping you safe and healthy at all times.
- Transportation: Technology is transforming the transportation sector, especially industries like oil and gas or mining that operate in remote and difficult environments. Centralized communication networks and digitization have tremendously helped in providing logistics support by streamlining equipment delivery to various locations at the designated time while ensuring safety at the same time. Wireless networks are being used to monitor workers in remote locations. Robotic sensors are being used to measure factors like pH levels which allow early detection or prevention of corrosions.
- Wearable Tech and Remote Monitoring Tools: The market for wearable medical devices is growingly rapidly as more and more consumers are becoming aware and health conscious. These devices can be used to collect your health data which can help the doctors to assess any health risks that you may have. Technology is making countless advances in medical diagnostics and treatments with remote monitoring tools like heart monitoring systems or pacemakers for patients with heart diseases that allow them to automatically send data to remote healthcare centres.