Drones are automotive devices mainly used to getting aerial shots. It provides an aerial view of the neighbouring location, our own cities, natural environment and even some event. Drones are fully capable of delivering packages and making new maps.
Before some time, drones had nothing to do with warfare. But with the way the world is taking the route, drones will be soon used in warfare for advantages. In the coming future, these unmanned aerial vehicles or drones will take up the sky. With the recent approval of the U.S. Drone Program, the question arises whether the use of drones for warfare is a good or a bad idea.
- It would enable the government and other organisations to assist people in disasters and provide relief.
- It can be used for surveillance purposes to keep the enemy at bay.
- Since drones are unmanned and do not require a person to operate it, there is a minimum loss of lives.
- The war equipment and food necessities can be delivered on time.
- The drones can be used for capturing footage of the conflicted zones.
- Using the drones gives a clearer perspective on the ordeal or some situation. It gives a new perspective on the scene.
- With the use of drones in warfare, there will be an increase in security and decrease in terrorism since the terrorists will be scared of the Government keeping an eye on them.
- The Government might have too much control over your personal life.
- The drones might be manipulated and programmed for satisfying the selfish ambitions of political parties.
- There have been a number of civilian deaths reported owing to use of drones in counterterrorism efforts. In drone attacks, there have been several deaths caused.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Drones are simply machines. They aren’t good or bad. The people using them are good or bad. Interfering with airlines or looking into the neighbour’s windows isn’t healthy. The autonomous drone is pre-programmed for carrying out instructions.
On one hand, using drones in warfare is good since it ensures public safety, by making remote observations that keep people out of harm’s reach. But on the other hand, drones can be easily manipulated by the political leaders for assassinations and their own selfish motives.
Using drones in warfare is a dual-edged sword- with both perks and downfalls.